I told myself I wasn’t going to write tonight because, quite frankly, National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo for short) kicked my ass. Thoroughly. We’re talking minimal sleep for the sake of hitting or exceeding par each night.
So I clearly lied to myself to write this because I was raised Catholic and wear that guilt like a damn cape. So here we are with me writing a blog post on my phone. Yep.
And I DID IT. I met my goal! I won NaNoWriMo! I concluded this year’s NaNoWriMo at 50,034 words and I feel terrific about such a victory. Here’s the details worth sharing:
- A Princess, A Lich, and Some Murders (a tentative title) is an idea I’ve been playing around with for a while. Close to a decade at this point.
- I had written about 100 pages of its true first draft some years ago, then scrapped it.
- This story kept popping up in the forefront of my thoughts throughout 2020 until I decided it would be what I use for NaNoWriMo.
- The most hectic night of writing resulted in me going into a workday with around 3 hours of sleep. Would not recommend.
- The story is only about halfway done. I’ll be easing my way through the rest of this draft.
What next, then? The serials will return, right?
Yes! Of course! Just not this week. My wife’s birthday is Friday, and my focus will be on making her fantastic food and doing what I can so she has a nice, low key day.
The four serials so many of you have shown such love will return next week. Looking forward to resuming those adventures together, folks.
Stay safe out there and take care, folks.