It’s my day off, and I’m currently spending it waiting, quite anxiously, for my car to be inspected. My default mindset is that the mechanic will no doubt find at least ten somethings wrong with my little black Toyota Corolla. At least five of those things will be problems of a cataclysmic order, which will require special parts to be shipped in from overseas or across galaxies, and they will be very expensive and time-consuming to fix.
Maybe I’m being a little ridiculous. Only a little.
The walk back from the garage was nice. Here are some fun observations I made, and general thoughts I had, between dropping my car off and getting home.
- Hm. Was it supposed to rain today? Shit. I should’ve checked the weather.
- The buildings in Hollidaysburg are really charming.
- I hope I didn’t forget anything important for the inspection. Did I tell them I’m going on a trip in August? Yeah, I think so.
- Shit. It’s starting to rain.
- When did my house get so damn far away?
- The obvious joke to make is how I’m perfectly in shape, except that the shape in question is a pear. Or a hippopotamus, if they can be considered a shape.
- Thanks, guy who parked right on the crosswalk. Very helpful of you.
- Better call Brianne, because someone made me leave my house key on my car keys. What an asshole.
There were other thoughts and observations, too, but my trip back home from dropping my car off isn’t t0day’s focus (though it might as well be with how much time I devoted to it). Continue reading