I started work on Massive, Daunting, Unnamed Project today only to remind myself of the following things (which I suppose should have been obvious):
- Moving from the planning stages to the actual writing stages is a giant pain when it comes to details
- I’m *still* terrible at coming up with character names I like
- Working retail really kicks my brain in its squishy grey-matter ass, so to speak.
Those things considered, I still managed to get a solid start going on this story (which, for the sake of brevity, will be referred to as “Joshua’s Nightmares” from now until a proper title happens into existence). Not as much as I’d have liked to get written compared to the time I lost to the near-pneumonia nonsense of last week, but a start’s a start.
On another front, I’m starting to consider places to possibly submit “Death at Teatime” to. I’ve spent the bulk of the summer working on it in some regard or another. I really need to move past the whole fearing rejection bit, because it’s bound to happen again. Doesn’t make it any easier, of course.
So tomorrow’s goal, writing-wise, is to at least get five more pages of work done on this. Just really write and not worry about how it reads or looks. That’s going to be after a lovely 7 to 3 shift, so we’ll see how that pans out.
And maybe a short-story to throw on here. I definitely need to organize this thing a little better, so as to not post everything Uncategorized.
Ending this with a guilt-trip to myself: it’s time to sit down, focus, and get this thing going.